Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We Got to Pray Just to Make It Today

For you "Old Skool" cats, a great reminder to pray...

Pray
MC Hammer
That's word, we pray, pray, pray
We got to pray just to make it today
I said, “We pray”, pray, ah yeah we pray, pray
We got to pray just to make it today, that's word, we pray

All my life I wanted to make it to the top
Some said I wouldn't they told me no, but I didn't stop
Working hard, making those moves everyday
And on my knees every night, you know I pray

Now I just think that you can do what ever you want
I'm bustin' these rhymes making this money and I won't
Forget my people or my town or my ways
And on my knees, every night, I'm still gonna pray

Time and time and time and time and time again
I kept on knocking, but these people wouldn't let me in
I tried and tried and tried and tried to make a way
But nothing happened till that day I prayed

Children dying, oh so fast from this or that
Need that money, bookin’ that dope, smokin' that crack
Ten years old, stand outside, better look out
Dead and gone, never had a chance, what's it all about?

All our missions start to doubt, here we go
Kicking back, read these words, we need to know
Living high, living good, living long
Take a minute, bust a prayer and you're good to go

We're sending this one out to the Lord and we thank you
And we know we need to pray ‘cause all the blessings
That are good they come from above and once again
We want to say, “Thank you” to the Lord
With all our love, we outta here.
That's why we pray!




Hammer didn't always get it right (does anyone?), but on this one he was spot on. As Christians we need to pray just to make it today! Take some time to pray to the Lord right now. And get to prayer meeting on Wednesdays! This means YOU!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Pray for Prayers for Your Finances Blessing from Heaven. Only God in Heaven can Do, Bless Mine Hubby, Son & I. & rest of mine Family’s. Bless Finances Blessing from God, for each family That Live on Same road I Live on, I Pray for the ones who do not know Jesus as Their Saver, Will get saved in the Blood of Jesus Christ. I Do pray In Jesus Name, For Young Children’s, Teens, Young Adults. That live on the same rode I Live on, For Peace, Love, Joy, & Learn To Forgive there Self, & Others In Jesus Name… I Pray For Each School Age To stay In school, In Jesus Christ Name… I Do love U Jesus Christ in heaven What You is going Do, Bless You Lord Jesus Christ. In Jesus Christ name I Pray. Father In heaven you Get All the Praise & Glory, & Honor Amen. Praise God.
God Bless Jews. & USA. In God I trust

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5, 6… "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:15



Pray For Israel & Jews… Bless Pray For Israel & Jews, Pray for USA

Pray For World Homeless Families. & Please Pray For Homeless Women to… In The Name of Jesus Christ & all There health Problem In The Name Of Jesus Christ

Please Pray for Street Bullies In The Name Of Jesus Christ & Pray For Schools

Prays for President Obama and Wife, & Children’s and his new administration. Your efforts will work powerfully in our nation.



I’M RAYING FOR YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE AROUND ME

Prayer for families is the very foundation that keeps a family unit together. Have you heard the phrase "A family that prays together stays together"? The concept is true - a family that has their focus on praying to the Lord Jesus Christ has a foundation that may be shaken at times, but it will withstand all that comes against them.

Prayers for Justice and Peace

You Have Got To Pray & Walk In Love!
Encourager When You Think Of Me...Pray For Me!


I am thinking about you right now...so I am praying for you.

You Be Encouraged...Everything Will Be Alright...You Are In The Master's Hands And All Is Well.

Just trust God, Have Faith, and do it His Way. In Jesus Name