Thursday, October 9, 2008

Faith...

Alonzo's new book...
One of my heroes is Alonzo Mourning. I like him because he is a great basketball player who has maximized his potential on the court. He never struck me as the most talented person skill-wise, but he is athletically gifted AND works hard! As a result of his hard work, he became one of the top centers in the NBA.

But recently I found one more thing to like about him: his faith.

I shouldn't have been surprised that he is a Christian because off the court he is involved with a lot of charity work, but that aspect of his life is not as widely publicized as his exploits on the court.

Excerpt from the book.

It's always inspiring to hear about people who live their faith in times of darkness. Way to go, 'Zo!

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

No comments: