Saturday, November 22, 2008

Life in the Middle

Do you struggle with your faith? Maybe you want to quit but having tasted the truth can no longer revert back to a sinful life in peace. Yet you know that you will never be a "Super-Christian" and experience a life that transcends the mire. You are stuck.


Greg Koukl from Stand to Reason tells the story of a conversation he had with a woman in a similar situation:


She had a deeply discouraging sense of being "in between." She said, "I'm a Christian, so I can't go back and enjoy it [I call that the "Christian curse," by the way]. But I can't reach the level of spirituality I think is required of me, so I can't enjoy my Christian life either."


Are you looking for an answer to that dilemma? Koukl has put together some points that will help you. It's pretty long but you can read his response here.

No comments: