Wednesday, April 22, 2009

If Not Now, When?

I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions

This is my heart's cry now and when I heard this song this morning on K-LOVE, I just knew I had to share it. I had heard this song before but it had not yet touched me like this morning.

I know it's difficult, painful, and scary to give up everything to God, but that's what he requires of us. Anyone who does not give up everything he (or she) has CANNOT be Jesus' disciple. The Master said it himself, in Luke 14:33 if you want to check. Jesus left no doubt as to what kind of person a disciple is.

So if what Jesus says is true, and it certainly is, what does that make you and me?

Let us journey together in giving our all for the One who gave his all for us. Carpe diem!

Here's the song, with a little about the season of uncertainty that Matthew West himself went through:

No comments: